Drilling a bath

Page 2 of 2

good when you have finished because a good bath is a very complex compound structure consisting of many layers, some of which are bad for holesaw teeth! I suggest a "deep hole saw because as it finally break through on the other side it is very difficult to avoid the inevitable "plunge" into the surrounding perfect surface to score it!
On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:19:40 GMT, "biggirlsblouse"

Interesting observation, could you enlighten me as to what experience you have had in this field?
For my part, I was employed in the bath manufacturing industry for several years, & a 'bog standard' Profix HSS bimetal holesaw was used. Not just for one or two baths, not even for one 'shift' production run, but for three or four runs. Which if my maths serves me right is, an average of 250 baths produced per shift X 3 X 2 (two tap holes) 1500+ holes drilled. All using a handheld airdrill at a pressure of approx 14psi
Don.