Door height

Anyway know if it is permitted to have an internal door in a house with a height of 6 feet (1.8 metres)? A friend wants to fit a mezzanine in a flat, and to do so would need to reduce one of the internal doors from 78 inches to 72 inches.
I've tried doing a search of Building Regs,but can't find anything definitive, so any help would be appreciated.
Farmer Giles wrote:

Sorry, should of course be 'Does anyone know'.

AFAIK, the only place where building regs require a minimum height clearance is above a staircase.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Well I've lived in houses with doors smaller than that but the houses were built long before building regulators stalked the earth
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:56:06 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, Alang

You may find we've been around a while: http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/22-8.htm
--
Hugo Nebula