Danish oil and kitchen tops

Hi Ive just installed butchers block on my new kitchen work tops. Ive coated it with a few layers of danish oil with a brush but ive put it on so thick it shines! Waht should I rub it down with and should I re caot it agin?

chris

Reply to
Geezer

Check out the manufacturers leaflet as I often say IAEFRTFM

They are the only ones to rely on, I doubt they said to use a brush.

Reply to
kitchenman

After liberally applying Danish oil and leaving for few minutes the excess should be wiped off well with a clean cloth, on each coat. Try scrubbing it with a nylon scouring pad moistening with some of the oil then wipe off the any excess.

Reply to
John