Danish oil and kitchen tops

Hi Ive just installed butchers block on my new kitchen work tops. Ive coated it with a few layers of danish oil with a brush but ive put it on so thick it shines! Waht should I rub it down with and should I re caot it agin?
chris
Check out the manufacturers leaflet as I often say IAEFRTFM
They are the only ones to rely on, I doubt they said to use a brush.
--
regards
dave batter