Cutting laminate floor

Always forget this one....
Which way round do you cut laminate, face or back. I will be using a normal handsaw or a jigsaw.

A handsaw cuts on the downstroke (when pushing) unless it's a pullsaw so you'd want to cut looking at the face side.
A jigsaw cuts on the upstroke so you'd want to use that from the back.
--
Chris Green

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

Usually the 'cut' end is facing the wall anyway so it doesnt really matter (since it should be covered by skirting board or beading anyway).
If the cut end is in the middle of your floor - you're doing it wrong !!!

There are nearly always a few places where you have to cut 'visible' cuts.
--
Chris Green

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

I'm sure you're right but I can't think of any !!!!
When I recently did a bedroom all my 'end' pieces terminated at walls or doorways etc. (Lucky considering how rough my cuts were). Wall ends went under the new skirting board plonked on top and doorway ends went under carpet strip thing...