Cupboard Under the Stairs

Hi
I'm currently planning a cupboard under the stairs but am not sure about what woods are best to use. The cupboard wont be completely filling the understairs area and for the side of the cupboard I will probably use plasterboard or plywood.
However, with the doors, I want to rout some detail a bit like the grooving you get on your standard moulded internal door. Would I be best using somethign like pineboard for that? Pineboard is expensive though, are there any other cheaper routable alternatives?
Regards Bigus
"Bigus" wrote:

MDF?

That's routable is it? Can you get a decent finish on the routed bits, as I'll want to gloss it afterwards?
Bigus
"Bigus" wrote:

Yes, MDF is routable. Try an off-cut and see if you are happy with the result.

OK thanks. I've got some masks on order, so will have a go as soon as I get those.
Bigus

toilet (mind I live in a terraced house) MBS

So long as you cock your head to one side to allow for the slope of the stairs? :-)
mark