Copper Strips on Roof

Hi My house suffers from lichen growth on the main roof , looking around the net , the best way to rid this is to install copper strips on the roof so it slowly poisons the lichen , anybody had any experience of doing this ? , if so where did you buy from and any tips on attaching to the roof ?
many thanks in advance
Passed a house today and it had sheet copper running along on top of coping in a way that it would serve both sides of the roof. I ran a copper wire along the length of my garage tiled roof, and it works.Only on one side so far ,have not got round to doing the other side although the other has been done for years.

I heard of one major company in the Midlands facing huge fines from the Dept of the Environment. Cause - rainwater contaminated with metal leachate from their roof, and an over-zealous interest in the quality of local watercourses. So you should get away with it, until something sets off a detailed local analysis.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

clear the moss collecting on my roof. Well tried it, possibly kept the moss off the tile the wires ran across, but basically not very successful. Much better to get on the roof with a broom every couple of years and brush it all off.

My house is thatched and moss grew on it. But there is wire netting over the thatch and this made it difficult to remove the moss. I tried a copper wire but it didn't work so I used Pathclear and this finished the moss. It's still there, but dead. It'll fall off eventually I hope.
Rob Graham