Copper Pipes in walls

Hi,

I am fitting copper pipes into a new bathroom, and would like to embed the pipes into the wall in order to avoid mounting them above the skirting board in full view.

I was planning to just bore 15mm holes, run the pipe and then attach the plasterboard.

Are there any reasons that this might be a problem?

I am planning to use cuprofit push-fit copper connectors, but could be tempted by solder ring (I've already worked with them on 8mm pipe).

Cheers,

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Hi A 15mm pipe won't go easiy through a 15mm hole! Also the copper nowadays needs to be protected from cement and mortar etc. As far as I am aware the standard is a 25mm hole, insert a piece of 22mm plastic pipe as a sleeve, then your 15mm inside that. HTH

Reply to
Frosty