Carpet Edging!

Has anyone got any ideas on the best way to 'edge' a remnant of carpet to stop it fraying? thanx mog

stitch the edge.
The simple and messy way - coat and bond the frayed bits with 'Copydex' adhesive (or similar).
An alternative, if it's nylon - melt the bits together with a cigarette lighter.
Cic.
The carpet shop we tend to use, local independant not a nationwide retailer, offers to do this as part of the service. So you get matching rugs/doormats with a nicely bound edge like you see in sample 'books'. It may be worth asking around your local area, but presumably you would have to pay, but it would be neater and less tedious than DIY!.
HTH
John

I had a 6' by 2' strip done by a local carpet shop. IIRC, it cost about 30. The fee was based on the total length of the edge to be finished off.
--
Andrew Gabriel

local carpet retailer. Technically it is called overlocking. It is not expensive, about 1 a foot plus I assume carriage.
OK, not quite DIY.
Simon

How about some heavy duty cloth tape folded over the edge and a staple gun? Would be ok if absolute perfect appearance not necessary...
Les