bridging timer with thermostat

I've got a Drayton Tempus One timer controlling my combi and want to bridge it with a thermostat so I can leave the timer turned off during the warmer months whilst maintaining the ability to turn on the CH if the temp drops below a certain point at night. Purchased a Danfoss RET-MD and wired its switched contacts across the timer's switched contacts, but the control voltage to the boiler drops to around 190VAC. Even with the timer out of the circuit altogether the control voltage is low. The wiring diagram for the Danfoss stat indicates that the switched contacts are isolated but something is drawing down the control voltage.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? tia!

- cal

Why not put it in series with the timer and then set the timer to permenantly on? Or to just on at night?

Reply to
zikkimalambo

How are you measuring the voltage? If you are just measuring across the contacts then your figures may be correct, however if you are measuring with one leg (of your meter) on a neutral you may have a problem.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews