Blocked Toilet

Having a problem with a downstairs loo it backed up and flooded yuck though to be honest was clean water I can get into the pipe at that end and it was water that has now seeped away I cant get a set of rods down at that end however.

Roding from the manhole end I can get right the way through ok (you can see the rod end) with nothing on the end of the roads when I pull back they are coated as one would expect When I try with the plunger on the first road however it stick after about 4 ft. gain bringing out toilet refuge though no soil dirt or anything else so I don't suspect a collapse.

A friend has suggested sulphuric acid based drain cleaner which he used in a previous job as a school caretaker though I think his was more just borrowed from the science lab.

Is it worth a try or do I need a professional company involved if it is where can I but a sulphuric acid based product.

All help and advice gratefully received

JD

I buy it from my local plumbers - called , for use twice a year.

HTH, Lol

Reply to
Lol

We got "One Shot Drain Cleaner", from memory I think it was from Wilkinsons or Robert Dyas.

But for Christ's sake read the instructions, there's a list of cautions and surfaces that you mustn't use it on. And whatever you do, be very very careful if you're putting it anywhere that has water in it, the two can react violently.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Hi Most drain cleaner are acid based (IIR) try a builders merchants for the stronger stuff but as already posted be CAREFUL always add Acid to water not Water to acid or it may react violently. As an alternative ;is the sewer under a garden or green area if so you may have a breach of the pipe due to roots (shrubs trees even some grasses .) met this in my friends garden ,we cleared it with a "Sani-snake" hired from our local HSS .This is an electric Roding tool which spins as you feed it into the sewer and can be fitted with various ends. Hope this helps and good luck CJ

Reply to
cj