bi fold door

I want to fit a bi fold door to my bathroom entrance to save space the opening is 2.5 inch x 75 inch or 698mm x 1905mm there is a b&q Bi-Fold Door is manufactured using one piece moulded wood fibre facings that is 1951mm x 750mm not far of can this door be cut down to they size i need? or is it hollow?

TIA

Reply to
chris

Its not so much that they are hollow - which they are, more that the holes for the pivots (that allow them to fold) are positioned close to the edges, so reducing the width of the door cuts the bit with the holes off.

Looking at the sizes, you would need to cut 46mm off the height and 52mm off the width - which would completely destroy the door in any case.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

i realise now that isn't going to be the best option, i have sourced a solid door off a freind and a folding door kit from screwfix i will attempt to do at the weekend

thanks

Reply to
chris

In article , chris writes

Could you make the door outward opening instead? I've never seen a bifold door in that sort of situation that didn't look a bit cheap and nasty.

Reply to
fred