Another air con question

Just thought of something else.
These air cons have two approx 6" dia tubes to vent to the outside. (They are packed inside one another to save space so are slightly different sizes).
The downstairs air cons are venting out just below the carport roof which is spider land. I assume when the air con isn't being used those dear little spiders will go exploring and over time I'll end up with an insect cemetry in there.
Any ideas on something I can use as an insect screen that won't impede the air flow?
When I need small insect mesh, I tend to go for the aluminium stuff you can get to support filler based bodywork repairs in cars. I'm using this to cover a downward facing shower extractor grate and a tumbler outlet for example. You can get it from Halfords under the David's Isopon brand.
However, I can't comment on its suitability for your application as it will have some small impact on the air flow. It does need cleaning every 6 months or so too as dust does eventually build up.
Midge.