air in central heating system

My pump is in the return limb of the system. My vent pipe is in the flow limb. When the pump runs in setting 2 air is sucked in through the vent pipe. When the pump is on speed 1 this doesnt happen but some rads remain cold. The cold feed is in the return limb on the boiler side of the pump. Has anyone advice please?