air in my central heating system

I'm having to bleed my radiators several times a day to reduce the banging from the pump/boiler. There are no obvious leaks and I can't find any damp areas. Does anyone have any advice on how I could solve this problem?

Reply to
Alan

Have there been any additives added?

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Is this a sealed system (with filling loop and pressure guage) or a vented system (with a small header tank in loft)?

Reply to
andrew

It may be hydrogen, not air. Next time you bleed a rad, see if you can light the "air" coming out. If it is hydrogen then I think that means corrosion somewhere, but I'm sure more knowledgeable people than I will put us right.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

I used to have to bleed my radiators often. When I had my boiler and cylinder replaced the plumber recommended that he convert the system to a sealed system - ie adding a pressure vessel in place of the header tank. Since then I have had no trouble at all with air in the system.

Reply to
peter