Air-con versus water cooler

Folks - anyone got a view on the air-con and air-cooler units available these days? I like the idea of a small proper plumbed in air con unit for just the main bedroom where the suns on it most of the day and the heats the worst even if curtains are drawn. But at about £4-500, dunno if its worth it for the few months a year its needed. The cheaper portable ones need venting which is a pain too.

Tempted by a standalone portable eveporative air-coolers at around the £70-90 but don't know if they are worth the money for somethign that won't be as effective. Any ideas/experiences?

Midge.

Reply to
Ian Midgley

get the real air con, the other is crap. I use air con from April onwards, so its isn't just a few days a year.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Don't forget the eveporative air-cooler works by putting water into the air, and therefore will make the room damp Also it needs filling with water every few hours and in very hot weather ice.

-- zaax

Reply to
zaax

Yep. Agreed. The air cooler I got is pretty much crap.

Have a look on ebay for A/C units. Also, dont Argos do one for =A3150 ?

Reply to
paulfoel

Rey

Reply to