Tiling Over Existing Composit Wall Shower

****** ***** *************** * ** * ** * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ****** * ****** * *************** * ** I'm new to this site. Hope I'm in the right place. I'm a tile installer. I have a customer that I've done work for in the past. He wants me to tile over his existing shower. There's nothing wrong with it except he wants to change it without major expense. My problem is I don't know what adhesive material to use. He has chosen a ceramic tile. I don't know the exact material the walls are made of (plastic, fiber glass, or composite). It looks like a cultures marble, I'm sure it isn't. The home is about 15 yrs old and he is the original owner. The shower is not one of those Home Depot "put togethers". I'm concerned a silicone type adhesive would be too pliable and the grout would crack with expansion and contraction. A poly type adhesive might not work with the underlying material. Any ideas, thoughts, experience, etc>?

What's that supposed to mean? You just want to say; asteriks'?

Well you're the tiler, I'd say make sure what the *substrate* is before asking about adhesives req
Tile should be placed over a hardibacker board or concrete. Anything else like sheet rock, or wall composite may be suspect. Remember the call back will cost more....... do it right the first time. jloomis