stucco/wire lath question

I forgot to schedule for wire lath inspection and I went ahead and applied the stucco coats. During the final inspection, the inspection caught it and asked that I expose a couple of spots to check the nailing and he determined that the wire lath was under-nailed ad asked that I should fix and left open for me. Is there any way I can increase the nailing after the fact? thanks a.a.

Are the nails spaced too far apart? Maybe you should check out another area to be sure. If you know the spacing doesn't cut it, well...
Assuming that the lathing needs more nails, I think you just bought another layer of stucco to cover the nails sufficiently. The worst thing you could do is to not have sufficient stucco coverage over the nails and have the stucco pop at the nail heads or have the nail heads rust (galvanized, I know, still a risk).
On Tue, 06 May 2008 20:19:39 -0400, AA wrote:

I would think that it could be a challenge. You have to hit the structure with the nails/screws and if they are studs then it will be tough to find them under the stucco. Also, to do it properly, your nailheads have to hit the lath and not the stucco so that the lath is solidly attached.
Three questions I might have: - What is the structure ? New Construction ? Plywood ? Drywall ? Is the inside of the wall finished or open ? - How many square feet of stucco are involved. - When he determined that the lath is undernailed how exactly did he do it and for what exact reason did he feel it was undernailed ?
Curt
Chances are the job is fine as is.
Have you tried bribery?