Steel Framed Homes

The way I see it... and the way the whole U.S. market will see things after this FEMA money gets spent on bunk wood from S. America... is that steel is a better framing option. I work with a company, Tri-Steel Homes, Inc. We provide premium steel framing in anything from 390 sq. ft jobs to a home in Park City, UT that's 8,000+. With the design flexability of steel, customers can modify one of 200+ traditional and modern floorplans, or allow us to configure even the wildest customs into steel frames. In addition to utillity savings, no warping or cracking, no termites and better fire protection for the family, steel also allows for easy construction. We send our kits out pre-fabbed; meaning there is no on-site cutting or welding. All of our kits bolt together, and can be assembled in as little as three days with a crew of 3-4. Tri-Steel is the closest to commercial-grade steel one can get in the residential arena. We offer 12 and 14 guage steel that can stand up to hurricane force winds. In fact, we had an F5 tornado pass directly on top of one of our homes in Pascagula, MS, and it barely lost any siding. That is why we offer a lifetime garantee on our homes; we have over 18,000 all over the world and we haven't even lost a roof.... in thirty years. Yes, my fellow builders, DIY's, and developers... steel is the next thing... and when investing around 5-8% more upfront on the construction of a home; one could not only recover that overage within 4-5 years in utilities alone, and allow for only apreciation of that home whilst in a forest of sticks.... Check our competitors out..... then look at us. Best of luck to all.

J. Gates

Man'o'Steel

If you're talking about the city in southeast corner of MS, its Pascagoula. Tornadoes are usually multiple vortexs running around themselves. They seemingly skip some homes and destroy others. Whether wood framed or not has nothing do with it.

Reply to
Jonny