Replacement for rebar?

Do they make any rebar replacement that is lighter preferably composite or non-metallic but as strong? Stuart//

Let's start at the beginning. What are you trying to do?
OP-
Here's your answers.........

Yes
Yes
>>>but as strong? <<< (based on cross sectional area? example #4 rebar replaced by #4 magic stuff)
Yes, probably
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/ECT/Civil/frprebar.htm
http://www.fiberglassrebar.com /
http://livebuilding.queensu.ca/structural/rebar/frp.php
I'm not sure these answers are really all that useful for you.........what are you trying to accomplish?
cheers Bob

A friend of mine set up a pultruding outfit and make fiberglass rebar. Drawback was the cost was prohibitive.
Stuart wrote:

the problem with frp concrete reinforcement is it's lack of ductility, this might be important, depends on what you are doing.
i have seen people doing research on using bamboo as concrete reinforcement. I haven't seen the results of these studies.