Patio cover header attached to fascia question

Hello,
I am attaching my patio cover header to my fascia. The fascia is held in by blocking to a header on my wall. Some of the rafters are tied into the blocking, while other rafters fall a little short. So I am not confident in the blocking being able to hold the patio cover weight without the rafters being attached as well.
What I need help with:
If I am going to lag screw my header through the fascia into those blocks (since I cannot screw into the rafters becuase they dont meet the fascia), how can I reinforce them to hold the weight of the patio cover? Is there a how-to for beefing up blocking, etc? Should I somehow extend my rafters to the fascia?
Thanks in advance. -Ryan
Can you thru bolt? Much better attachment than lags. And also, using say a simpson HD2A can you attach that to the side of a rafter then bolt to the proposed header. just wondering. jloomis