Patio cover header attached to fascia question

Hello,

I am attaching my patio cover header to my fascia. The fascia is held in by blocking to a header on my wall. Some of the rafters are tied into the blocking, while other rafters fall a little short. So I am not confident in the blocking being able to hold the patio cover weight without the rafters being attached as well.

What I need help with:

If I am going to lag screw my header through the fascia into those blocks (since I cannot screw into the rafters becuase they dont meet the fascia), how can I reinforce them to hold the weight of the patio cover? Is there a how-to for beefing up blocking, etc? Should I somehow extend my rafters to the fascia?

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Reply to
ostler