No more sweating--plumbing question

I am building a new home and in the past did all of the final plumbing connections. I used to sweat the connections on to the copper pipe. In my new home there is plastic or pvc tubing most of the way then the final few feet is copper, the plumber said I had to "crimp" the connections on now. Can anyone give me some clues on how to use this crimper? Where can I get one and what type of fittings will I need for the copper pipe? Any help would be appreciated. Jeff
this is an elusive tool....I recently purchased a new home (used) and I have to redo ALL the plumbing and was contemplating using pvc/or whatever it is called these days (flexable hose) anyway I have been told that this is something you can rent but have never inquired at the rental yards. I have a friend that is a plumbing contractor and they use this product as well as copper so if I decide I may just borrow it. The first thing I would do is call up a reputabe plumbing contractor and simply ask them if they know where you can get one. Good luck snipped-for-privacy@charterinternet.com wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=pex There's plenty about PEX. You wouldn't crimp PVC. eBay for tool http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=plumbing+crimp+tool But I'm sure you can get one locally. -- (||) Nehmo (||) --------------------------------------------------------------------