nailgun nails

I have a compressor operated nail gun using 34 degree paper collated nails. Apparently gas operated guns use 33 degree nails. Will they work in my gun?
try them.

jloomis wrote:

At close to $200 ( in australia) per box I would like to know first

Buy them from a reputable source and return them if they don't work.

See if the store will give you a small sample. Around here, sometimes we do that. Another idea is look for a shop that fixes these guns, and take yours into them and ask. They probalby have some 33 degree nails they could test on.
Personally, I'd guess they will work OK. But that's a guess.
I looked up 33 and 34 degree nails in nail guns.....on the internet. It seems many guns shoot 33 and up nails.......to 34 or. Look on the internet.... I enclose a brief sentence from the search and this is what I found. jloomis
it still seems pretty loud to me so I don't know why they bothered with that. ... This gun is truly a one-hand use tool, biggy in my book. ... 33 degree paper tap nailers are the key words to locate on the box. ... framing nails manufacturers and it appears that 30 - 34 degree nails will all work in this gun. ... www.amazon.com/Makita-AN942-Clipped-2-Inch-Framing/product-reviews/B00004YOK3 - 196k - Cached - Similar pages

jloomis wrote:

I found a nailgun repair outfit. I will ask them tomorrow.
F Murtz wrote:

If you have to buy them why not just buy the right ones?
--
Art

It might be that the 'right' ones are significantly more expensive, or more difficult to find?
PeterD wrote:

Asked the expert and apparently the 34 degree gun uses anything from 30 to 34 degrees.