How to reinforce concrete with glass fibers

Please tell me how to reinforce concrete with glass fibers.
Should the glass fibers be saturated with resin before pouring the cement?
Or is it just similar to chicken wire reinforced concrete wherein you simply pour cement over the metal wire mesh?
Can I use woven roving or even chopped strand mat to reinforce concrete?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mar 21, 5:29 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It comes in pre-measured packets that you throw into the cement truck and mix for several minutes. The fibers are actually made of some type of plastic. Typically you order the concrete from a supplier with the fiber added. The fiber distributes itself evenly throughout the concrete via the mixing.

No.
Reinforcing with chicken wire does nothing. The typical wire mesh for concrete is 10 gauge wire on a 6 x 6 grid.

How? Concrete isn't fluid enough to saturate something like that.
JK
Add pictures here
βœ–
I have used fibre glass strand in concrete mix. It comes mixed in the truck. It is an accident waiting to happen, Total failure......cracks etc...... I tried it about twice many years ago and will "never" use it again. The best reinforcing so far that I have used is reΊr with grid patterens from 24 inch to 12 inch depending on the application and or engineering requirement....... Use dobes, (concrete) blocks to space it off the sand layer or gravel layer so that it is embedded in the concrete and not pushed to the bottom..... Use a hook to lift it as one pours........ jloomis concrete and construction...

Add pictures here
βœ–

I ordered a fibermesh additive in our garage floor about 7 years ago. Our slab is a one piece 24'x28' with no control joints or any other reinforcing. The finishers acted like it was harder to get a smooth steeled finish with the mesh additive, but I think it turned out great. It's now 7 years later and there isn't a single crack anywhere in the slab. That's good enough for me, I highly recommend the fiberglass reinforcement.
Anthony
Add pictures here
βœ–
I would be cautious....I poor lots of concrete. Most of the slabs are engineered. Many are not. The practice of using fiber mesh was tossed many years ago. It had a failure rate. Homeowners may like the ease of application but when you look into the serious concrete poors and concrete made to last most if not all use re-bar grids....... Sub-grade is very important and water ratio to concrete is also a factor. Anyway, that is the "norm" in Calif. and if you look at Bridges or any commercial concrete work, you will see reΊr. oh well.....jloomis just my 2 peanuts....

Add pictures here
βœ–

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the mesh and rebar served two different functions?
Mesh helps reduce cracking, but as far as I know adds very little strength to the concrete.
Rebar makes concrete stronger, but I don't think it reduces cracking much, other than holding the pieces together when they crack (concrete is strong in compression, weak in tension and flexing. That's where the rebar helps).
Obviously, I wouldn't rely on mesh as my only reinforcement in a strength situation (foundation walls, pillers, bridgework, etc.), but with a slab on a stable base my main concern is cracking. The mesh works great for that.
On the other hand, when I poured our sidewalk out front over recently filled soil, I did add a few runs of rebar. If the soil underneath settles any, the rebar should help the concrete "span" those areas a bit. No cracks there in 4+ years either...
Anthony
Add pictures here
βœ–
Well thats how I feel......Re-bar is insurance, and yes, fiber mesh is not the sole aspect to making a concrete pad trouble free. I would use fiber but I would also use re-bar 1st. Settling is a major issue and homeowners have been noted to pour concrete on substandard subgrade.........I just looked at one today for a fellow.... stumps ground, and chips everywhere.......He say's, Oh, "It should be fine" They say that the day of the agreemanet and then a year later when the concrete cracks the memory is not there? I always put in a concrete estimate if the subgrade is suspicious, "Contractor not libale for compaction, and slab failure due to faulty subgrade" jloomis

Add pictures here
βœ–

italians used to use human hair--flexable and full of scales for concrete /plaster to stick to
spider web fibres--i think they are availiable might be interesting dependin on application
fwiw peter
Add pictures here
βœ–
what is the application?