How control landscape lights for day/night ?

I have a low voltage landscape lighting system, powered by a transformer that doesn't have day/light options. I would like to buy a unit that senses daylight/darkness, and would provide 120 volts ac at a socket. I would then plug my transformer into that socket, so that my lights would only burn in darkness.
I don't know exactly where I would buy such a thing, or what I would call it. I know of course that it is a photo-electric cell, but I have asked for that at some of the major stores.
Can someone help me here ??
Thanks !!!
--James--
How about the photocell units that are designed to turn on outside lights in the evening? Standard electrical item, I believe. Try a good electrical distributor. Maybe even <gasp> Home Depot or Lowes.

Smarthome will have it:
http://www.smarthome.com/
-- Everyone has a photographic memory; but some don't have film
James wrote:

Lowes has the photocell you need for $8.95. YMMV
Joe
Thanks for the nice and helpful replies !!
--James--
I put the ones at my old home on a timer PLUS a photocell, and have the pole light here wired up the same.
Anytime its dark from 6AM till midnite the lights come on automatically. This saves some energy wasted by all nite unnecessary operations.
Wife leaves for work early light ON, we come home late light ON

Many PIR sensors have a timer or photocell that would do what you want and come on when someone triggers the sensor. That could be you opening a door at night - eg they come on automatically. Most allow a switch to override and turn them on manually.

My experience with motion detectors very poor:(
Caused AC noise wiping out cvertain radio stations, very variablke sensitivity depending on ambient temperature, sometimes car going down street would trip sensor in cold weather, at other times you could walk briskly by sensor and not trip it.
I prefer CK lights for l;ow energy use with timer and light sensors.
I am not looking for motion sensors. I am looking for a photoelectric cell-switch, that will deliver 110 volts to an outlet. I would plug my 12v transformer into that outlet.
I did search the websites of Smart Home, Home Depot, and Lowe's, and I still do not find what I want. I don't think they are as easily available as some folks think.
If you know where I could purchase one, please let me know.
Thanks !!
--James--

12v
available
Tried ebay? Search for photosensor..
Not sure if this is a plug in unit but it looks like it does what you want...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Outdoor-Photosensor-w-Programmable-24-hr-Digital-Timer_W0QQitemZ290066500674QQihZ019QQcategoryZ115711QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or the same link made shorter..
http://tinyurl.com/yhrw2l
James wrote:

Is this what you're looking for? http://tinyurl.com/y6r55o
--

Grandpa

Thanks to Grandpa and Cwatter, these are exactly what I have been looking for !!!
Thanks again !!
--James--

http://www.precisionmulticontrols.com/photocontrols.html You have to do some wiring but it is easy to do.