Good metal building suppliers?

I'm building a 30x60x12 ft garage/workshop, going with metal... Who are people here recommending for suppliers. I've asked for quotes from a number of companies but as always each company says "We are the very best..."
OK, so who is better? Any I should avoid?

How can we tell you the ones to void if you aren't telling us the companies that you reviewed?
CID...

I'm talking to Rockford, Morton,
and have contacted
Christbilt, American Built Steel, American Outback Buildings, Presidential Steel Buildings, and American Durobeam Buildings.
Any thoughts on Rockford and Morton? Rockford seems expensive, but their buildings seem very solid. Biggest problem with Morton is that they want to do it all, and since I've got people who can assemble and build (and they are availalbe at cost, so to speak...)
Garco, Butler, Varco Pruden, American, Heritage.........to name a few. The problem is an experienced builder needs to see the plans & specs on any of these metal bldgs. to make any judgement calls on what's better or worse. Some are part heavy while others are completely lacking. Material specs are generally the biggest factor. IE: better grade material Then again you have vendors that sell bldgs that are pieced together from different vendors as opposed to single source suppliers. Your best bet is to ask around of people that have a bldg you like and go from there. Also look to see if they (bldg. supplier) have any complaints filed against them with the local BBB.
Dan

companies
What part of the country are you in? Snow loads? Hurricanes?
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"PeterD" < snipped-for-privacy@hipson.net> wrote in message

http://www.hipson.net/garage/general_specifications.htm
That page has all the specs. 80 lb ground snow load. 90 MPH winds... (New England area...) No earthquakes...
You've not indicated where you are. Shipping is one of the major costs, so finding a source in your area is important.
R panel is R panel as far as shape. Differences are in gauge, galvanizing, paint guarantee, etc. Red iron is highly similar from brand to brand. I would make sure they can supply whatever engineering stamp your AHJ might require.
There are several major players and most of them are members of MBMA: http://www.mbma.com/display.cfm?pA&pp=4 : MBCI (MetalBuildingComponents) has several production areas: <http://www.mbci.com/mbci/locations.jsp ;jsessionidc49b2a00aa457db9468dfb4d0bd376.pAbDml1KagTImQzGq2TxpQOUaN0Ka3D3lN4RawSLc2SLawSMa2SPnxiSchqInxqKaxeLaxjxngSHc30Ka2bImQzvq70L-ATxok5Kq34IpAbDp70ImQXH8NaObhuLbh0xo6XHngbCpQPz8QfznA5Pp7ftolbGmkTy>
Contact someone in your area and get the name of an erector. It is the erector that makes the big difference, no matter who makes the parts. Erectors don't typically care whose metal they run. If you are planning on erecting your own, this idea doesn't fly.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Great reply! The MBMA web link will be very useful. For building location etc., see my other reply--and yes, we'll be erecting it ourselves.