going rate for roofing?

is $35.00 /square a good deal for laying regular 25 year asphalt shingles? (no tear off, just right over the old layer ) BTW: I live in central Indiana, if it matters.
thanks,
Rob
it depends on insurance and how close you live to west Washington in Indy. Please use American workers no matter how cheap the criminals from south of the border will do it
where i'm from, that is dirt cheap. 6 years ago, we were paying 60 to 70 a square for new construction.
I am a siding/roofing contractor in Indianapolis, IN. You are getting an excellent deal at 35 a square if you are just looking for the shingles to be replaced. I can't imagine that a fully insured company that offers a warranty would do this job for only 35 a square. Who knows, you could have a good installer and never have an issue, but if not, it could get expensive. Good luck!
longshot wrote:

Andy writes:
You didn't say whether the 35/sq is just for labor, or for both labor
and shingles.... It doesn't sound too bad just for labor. If it is for both labor and material, it sounds really , really, cheap..... You may be getting a really good deal, or you might be getting ripped off when they take your money and leave town.... I suggest that you check out the contractor thoroughly....
When I have needed to replace a roof, I called my insurance agent and ask him who he used. They aren't supposed to "recommend" contractors, but if the agent used a company, they probably did a fair job, and asking who he used for his own home is allowed....
Andy in Eureka, Texas

it full time years ago. he says he can do the 20 square in a weekend. sounds like a deal to me.