Earth Home Construction (for those interested)

My wife and I are finally building our house (an earth home), as we had planned ever since we got married. I've been planning this house for over 20 years. We're finally doing it. Check out the website on progress. I update photos and progress reports every week or so, so keep checking back

Make sure to sign in on the guest book so that I know you've seen it. Thanx.

Where I work, this site is filtered out, so it might be filtered where you work, but you should be able to view it from home.

PS. The webcam is best viewed by Internet Explorer (although it sometimes crashes explorer and you have to try a second time; I'm working on a fix for this).

Also note that the house is built on the top of a hill, and we will berm up afterwards. Ultimately, the house will have 3 feet of dirt on the roof. It should be fairly tornado proof (except for doors and windows).

Reply to
HockeyFan

Just curious. Seems more logical to put the earth home in the side of the hill to utilize the earth removed on top. Instead, you have to tote new soil up the top of the hill. Makes no sense to me.

Reply to
Dave

Consider that this is the property I have. The way the property is, I just can't do what you say and be able to utilize the property the way we want. It's wooded. The price was right, so that's the property we're building on. And I can always dig a pond to get dirt.

Reply to
HockeyFan

Didn't consider that you would have little below elevation soil to excavate below the top of the hill to accomodate an earthen home. Didn't consider you would buy same for that purpose either. Dave

Reply to
Dave