Deadbeat Homeowner

Page 2 of 2
Actually to put a lien on a property you would've had to have a contract, I don't think that you can demand to be lwet back in to finish the work in order to get paid, sounds like a case for small claims court to me. Although I would suggest a call to an attorney regarding this. If he is indeed a contractor, see if he can work out the difficulties with the homeowner first and see if they can come to some sort of agreement to either finish the work or get paid for what he has done to date.
He should try to reach some sort of accomidation with the homeowner , before progressing to the legal arena. Taz crhras wrote:

Actually to put a lien on a property you would've had to have a contract
----------------------------------------------------- He DID have a contract, albeit an oral one. Certainly, a Lien can be filed on an oral contract.
If he didn't have a Contract, the homeowner would have ousted him from his property the first day he showed up. The owner didn't do that, and allowed him to almost finish the job.
--James--