cement board question

I need to build a small outdoor partition between two buildings with a 36" gate and just a few feet of privacy type (solid) fence. I was thinking of making it out of cement board (panels and trims) so that I could paint it to match the buildings. I am assuming there would be no warpage with outdoor moisture. Would cement board creep under load, like where the hinges are mounted? Thanks, Bill
If "cement board" means Hardie board, you can make a fence from it as long as you have a framework to support the board. Hardie doesn't have much structural strength. -- (||) Nehmo (||) ----------------------------------------
bill allemann wrote:

The non-weather side needs to kept dry. Clearance from the soil is also a problem in such a project. As stated by another reply, such siding has no structural strength. You might use plywood, then the siding over it. See the jameshardie website for more details.
--
Jonny