Alternative to Curved Beams

Hi All,
Does anyone know any alternatives to using a curved glue-lam beam? I have to build a circular tower, and i need a solution for curved headers over the doors.
Any ideas??
Thank you,
Sean
rolled angle iron or c channel

Sean wrote:

The headers don't necessarily have to be curved. A single layer of glulam, of appropriate depth for the load, could run inside the confines of the inner and outer wall surfaces. The rest is blocked out to form the curves as required.
In a previous post RicodJour wrote...

Another idea is to build up a curved beam out of cabinet grade plywood, by laminating layers together until you have the right thickness. The thickness of the "lams" will depend on the radius required.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Bob Morrison wrote:

I hesitated from mentioning that, Bob. The OP was a bit vague about how big the headers are. The chord of a circle header that I mentioned would keep all loads simple - direct bearing. If the OP is trying to cut out a bigger section of the circle the loads at the header could present problems - eccentric loads requiring cantilevering, etc.
In a previous post RicodJour wrote...

Rico:
Right you are!
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
djenkins6 wrote:

I imagine curved headers is the easy part.... where will you get the curved doors to match?
Thanks for all the info!! I presented them many ideas, they actually ended up going with a "6'' Flex-C-Header"
Found here:
http://www.flexc.com/2.html
Thanks again for all the help.
Sean