32' x 34' addition

-------------------------------------

Hello everyone. To help with climate concerns I am from Ont. Can. My wife and I are looking at putting on an addition 32' x 34' 1 floor with kitchen and bath. We are hoping to avoid basement and crawlspace. Our existing wall we want butt against is 8" concrete block with a 1 1\\2 A Frame on top. I was thinking about doing the addition on a frost wall with slab floor. We plan on in floor heat. Question is am I on the right track? Down 4" with wall and footing, but how to secure it to block wall? Any help would be great.

TY Pints

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 14761 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
PintsNE1

on 10/28/2008 6:49 PM PintsNE1 said the following:

Lag screws into pre-drilled holes? Insulate between studs and concrete wall as they do with sill plates on concrete footings.

Reply to
willshak

PintsNE1 had written this in response to

:

Perfect!! I don't plan on doing the whole job, i have some qualified contractors lined up. Am I correct with my thoughts on the frost wall and slab? Missprint on the 4" deep meant 4'. Asking questions so I don't get snowballed ty. Pints

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 14769 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
PintsNE1