toilet bowl ring

Hi Can anyone advise as what is the best way to remove toilet bowl ring. None of the products I have tried work. I have heard of ring be gone but haven't been able to locate any. Our area has hard water and this is very annoying.
Thanks
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:29:41 -0500, "dhethrington"

pool stores sell stones that you can rub the calcium off the tile in the swimming pool. This also works on the rings in the toilet bowl. Will require some elbow grease, but it does come off !
Hi Daveheth, a product called CLR cacium, lime, rust, available at Riteaid and some hardware stores should also work on that toilet ring. Mike D
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 02:33:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael C De Vito) wrote:

won't do it if it is already visible. This only works for minor calcium deposits like on a shower door. the ring in the toiletbowl is much thicker.

LimeAway gel toilet cleanser, left on it a while, does it for me. You need to push the water out of the bowl with the toilet brush first, so the level is well below the ring.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
i find lime away to be a good product also

I have used the regular LimeAway liquid. Turn off water supply, flush. Soak paper towel with the LimeAway and 'stick' it to the ring. Let soak for several hours. Scrub with an abrasive pad but not a harsh one like steel or copper.
--
quester4
I found this in another group

bathroom.