Spider control = how?

There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill them <-- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.
N.S.
That's very good point.... I have never thought about that. :)

I've been doing that for years. I live in the mountains and my house ha always got some Daddy Long legs hiding in the corners. Of course now that were selling our home, we've had to clean out all the cobwebs and daddy long legs. Guess some women are squeemish about spiders, hmmm go figure *shrugg*
: > wrote: : > : > >There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find : bait : > >for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the : > >guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill : > >them <-- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there : is a : > >better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help. : > > : > >N.S. : > : > Unless you have a large infestation, I wouldn't suggest trying to rid : > your home of all spiders. They help keep other pests under control by : > eating them. : > : > Nan : :
In article

Spiderbait comes from Australia.

--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

http://www.dropd.com/issue/27/Spiderbait/index.html
I think you would have enjoyed Punched Unconscious. Sorry we couldn't let you into the restaurant, but you should remember how you behaved last time.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Omigod, were you the bloke behind me when we saw 30 Odd Foot of Grunts??? Admit it, that WAS you, you horses arse.
Cindy

Bob is no horses arse. I think everybody here knows you must be referring to me. I haven't crowed about our encounter and wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

,

putting a few moth balls in each corner of your garage will help with spiders and moths. You'd want to be CERTAIN that no children or pets could get to the moth balls, and that no people or animals would be breathing the fumes for long periods of time.
Good luck, S
Starsha, poor spiders, I don't like them much either but they exist for a purpose, as we all do. They get rid of 'flies'. Just try and disregard them or get a cloth and help them fine a new home. Cheers , Angela.

I use it in my garden for bugs....
This may be just what you are looking for!
www.puretecgold.com/tech
So, you are looking for a Home Based Business but haven't found a terrific product yet? We invite you to take 5 minutes and read through this email. It just might be the right opportunity for you.
Puretec International was created with two major objectives in mind: one is to provide the best natural, non-toxic, ultra humanly safe products that really work. Second is to provide an open-ended opportunity for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. We desire to share our Ethics, Values, Honest Family, with their passion for serving others, with all those who care to join us.
Imagine earning a substantial living by helping people learn how to PROTECT their Loved ones by using our products. They are BOTANIC based, and thus they are friendly to our environment AND to you!
Do you know that almost 25% of the population of the United States alone are Chemically Sensitive? There is even a Syndrome named for the affliction. It is called MCS, or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. We have a line of products designed with the chemically sensitive in mind. pure, all natural, with no added fragrance.
>BUILT IN MARKET
Do you know that there are over 30 MILLION Baby Boomers that are looking for an ALTERNATIVE to products that are poisoning us with Chemicals, Additives and Toxins ? 30 Million people is a great Built In Market, wouldn't you agree, Botanic Gold is a silky golden liquid powerful enough to completely free your home of toxic cleaning products. It is an effective oil emulsifier and the most versatile soap in the world.
PureTec employs a scientific break-through discovery to produce Botanic Gold, a unique blend of plant-derived ingredients. This natural molecular technology utilizes microscopic energy fields of negative ions creating a brand new molecule with unlimited potential and versatility. Some of the ways This product can be used SAFELY are: on your Baby's bottom, to bath your CAT or reduce animal odors, to wash your clothes or furniture or to brush your teeth!
Super Slick Stuff cleans, polishes, protects and beautifies any washable surface and minimizes static cling and wrinkles in fabric. It contains the same plant based ingredients as Botanic Gold with the addition of natural occurring silica.
Our CHILDREN'S Products are designed to enhance their pleasure and promote
learning about PERSONAL HYGIENE !
Our goal is to EDUCATE, TEACH and ENLIGHTEN people & their families, WORLDWIDE! Since all of our products NON TOXIC, NON CHEMICAL, and are BOTANIC based, they are friendly to our environment!
If you have not yet joined us to hear our Business Overview, be my guest this week
Day of Week     Time of Day     Phone Number     Caller Pin Monday     9PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214# Tuesday     3PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214# Thursday     3PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214# Thursday     9PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214#
Up to 4% REVENUE SHARING Qualify for a COMPANY PROVIDED CAR AN ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL VACATION and much, much more!
JOIN NOW by visiting
www.puretecgold.com/tech
Your Personal Representative is Thomas Simonin
margaret wrote:

mice. She sets them in corners and along baseboards. Spiders stick to that glue really well. I don't recommend them if you DO have mice however. Brrrrr. I STILL have nightmares about that.
Cindy
As somebody already stated, Spiders are great natural bug zappers. Spiders in your garden will certainly help protect it. The Chinese I believe say that it is good luck to have a spider as a house guest. As a hobby and to make some rainy day money selling them, I have bred and raised Mexican red knee tarantulas. These are the breed you'll see in just about every pet store there is. They actually can make excellent pets. Their bright colors, large size, life span, low maintenance, and gentle nature, make them just about a perfect pet. Not to mention the excellent conversation piece they make when you have friends over. Here is a link to check them out.
Mexican Red Knee http://giantspiders.com/B_smithi_species.html
Spiders have an incredible sense of smell, and being respectful that you may not share the same love I have for these little 8-legged wonders, this safe and simple suggestion should work. Try using some "OFF" mosquito repellent around all your doors and windows and any other entry point you can see that the spiders may be coming in through. Most spiders will do an about face upon encountering a surface that has been sprayed with OFF. Spray it all along your door frames, window frames and so forth. Its effects are temporary, so you may have to spray these surfaces twice a week as a minimum. It doesn't smell too bad, and safe to use around kids and pets if present.
For the most part there are only 2 spiders in the United States that can harm humans, the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse or Fiddle Back spider. http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/naturalresources/DD6962.html
Spider info and myths you might enjoy. http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/spidermyth/myths/dangerous.html
There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill them <-- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.
N.S.
Chuck wrote:

spiders. Years ago we used to use powdered chlordane which was very effective and long lasting. But apparently it affected birds' shells and was banned as a result. I don't know of any replacement that is anyway equal to chlordane.
Don't kill wasp/hornet nest. They will kill many of your spiders. It's a catch-22 of sorts, though.