Smelly Leather Shoes

Not exactly home cleaning, but I hope someone has a suggestion...
Brand new leather shoes - wore them to work and after approx 2 hrs of wear, they smell horrible. It's not foot odor. It's the leather from which they are made.
Since I've worn them, the store will only exchange (after I barked loudly.) I exchanged for another pair and the same odor is present.
Any suggestions to ridding these shoes of their demon leather odor?
Each to their own - I love the smell of new leather shoes. Maybe you could try some of the foot odour powder and see if that helps.

You can fill them (or a sock) with kitty litter to absorb the odor and put them in the sun.
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:31:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried the cat litter and the odor is slightly reduced. I think I'll just donate the shoes.