Follow-up to new smelly leather furniture

Awhile back I asked what to do about some new high-end leather furniture. The manufacturer didn't help, and I had to have all the windows open with fans going to keep from going nuts. Eventually the store took the furniture back to their warehouse to air it out, and admitted it was pretty bad. They brought it back but I still couldn't stand it (about a month and a half later) so they took the furniture back and I ordered some fabric furniture from a different manufacturer.

When this stuff came it also smelled a lot, but the manufacturer told me not to worry. They admitted it was pretty bad at first, but to use some Fabreeze if it bothered me, and that the smell would fade after awhile. It only took a couple of weeks, and I don't even notice it anymore. The new furniture is also far more comfortable than the leather, so I'm pretty happy now.

Not sure what the problem was, but I wanted to thank all who tried to help me out. BTW, I was able to furnish my entire living room for the price of the leather couch and one leather chair.

Reply to
Sheldon

What brand leather furniture WAS this?!!

Reply to
john63401