ot foot odor

Hi all, This is my 20 yr.old sons feet. Really bad. His sneakers are quite new, he showers, he wears clean sox...and he sweats. We've tried odor eaters and powder and no go. Does anyone have any cures. Thanks alot

Tell him to try all-cotton socks, because they wick moisture better than synthetic and part-synthetic socks.
He should probably look for sneakers with plenty of vent holes for his next pair, although sometimes the type of faux leather or fabric lining can be a cause of wet and stinky feet. I remember my mother having a lot of problems with wet feet when many nursing shoes were being made of a faux leather called Corfam.
After showering, wiping his feet down well with a solution of 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water can help return the slightly acidic natural pH of skin that helps retard bacterial and fungal growth somewhat.
Sometimes people don't realize they have a mild case of athlete's foot, causing odor - he might try Lotrimin foot powder instead of an odor-control foot powder, also sprinkling plenty in the sneakers so they don't reinfect his feet later when he sweats in his socks.
If the sneakers themselves are smelly I've read that (according to the "Queen of Clean" books) you can deodorize them by filling/burying them in a ziplocked bag of kitty litter, put in the freezer for...it might have said overnight or a couple of days, I don't remember.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
Thanks Jamie, I can't believe I haven't thought of all cotton socks. Thanks so much. And the Lotrimin powder sounds great too. I will also try the kitty litter. Chris

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:12:26 GMT, scullycat sayeth:

Buy him 2 pairs of trainers and put one pair in the washing machine when they get smelly. Take the laces out and open them right up and put them on a wash 60degrees or less. They come out fine but take a few days to dry.
Thanks, I have't even thought of washing the sneakers, either in this "throw away society we have" ; but at $ 60 or $70 a pr. I will try this. thanks again, my friend

diagnosed it as a bacterial infection. He got some type of topical anti-biotic and now it's gone, quickly and *completely*. If you need details, let me know and I will get them from him. Good luck, it has NOTHING to do with cleanliness or anything else. K
thanks, frayed, if all else fails, I guess it must be a medical problem....thanks

BOTOX
I think bacteria is what causes the odor. Wash feet very well with an anti bacterial soap. Once it gets into the shoes, it stays there. You might try putting borax in the shoes to kill the bacteria.