Laundry question

Hi all, I couldn't find a laundry-specific newsgroup. Does anyone out there use "President's Choice Ultra Liquid Laundry Detergent with Enzymatic Action"? If so, I would like to know the measurements of their "measuring cap" in standard units (i.e., "cups" or "ounces" or "tablespoons" or whatever.) I got a big jug of the stuff but no measuring cap and the label gives no other way to measure it. Thanks!

Reply to
Nickolas Valant

The manufacturer's recommendations should be followed initially, then adjust as needed. The load/tub size varies from one machine to another, and water hardness is not the same for a given locale. Start with a half cup and allow the machine to fill and agitate to fully distribute the soap. Feel the water. If it is slippery to the touch you have enough soap (or perhaps too much). Otherwise add a small amount and feel the water again. The trick is adding enough but no more than you need. I'm amazed how many people just dump in some soap without measuring. Too much soap, and you'll leave soap residue in your laundry. I'd rather err on "too little" than "too much" soap. If you have a front loader, this method won't work and you will need to watch the suds level instead. A cup of vinegar in the rinse water helps remove the soap and odors from your clothes. HTH

Reply to
Phisherman