Iron mark on carpet

I have accidently managed to get a mark on the carpet from the iron. It is not the full iron face but the curved egde about a cm thick. Does anyone have any tips for how to make it less obvious.

You can try to use electric shears or scissors to remove the burnt portion of the fibers. If that isn't possible, you can cut out the burn area and patch it with a piece of spare carpet or a section taken from a closet or other out-of-the-way place. I would hire a carpet installer to repair the carpet if that's the alternative you choose.