How the hell do you hang/store wire coat hangers?????????

I'll go through the closets, remove all the unused wire hangers and take them to the laundry. I carefully hang them on a gas pipe. So, when I remove the clothes from the dryer, or from the washer to hang dry, I just reach up and grab a hanger. WRONG"" I get two or three hangers not counting the ones that fall to the floor. They're all "joined", not unlike extension cords, Christmas lights, or even garden hoses. Seriously, what's the best way to store wire hangers in a manner that when you want one, and only one, that's what you get.

they're trying to breed (prior to relocating secretly yet startlingly into other peoples' houses once their numbers become too much). keep them WELL SEPERATED to avoid this disaster!!!
in truth, good solid coat hangers (even good wire ones) won't do this. it's the quality of the hangers that is at fault. the tops are too thin & get bendy & tangly. most of mine are awful so i am just patient with the way they tangle up like that (after all, i'm not about to go out & actually buy new coathangers, am i?!) kylie

Toss them and buy plastic.
Nan
Nan wrote:

I like to keep a couple for other uses, aerials, unfolding and using as a long hook to name two.

Yes, they do have good alternative uses, for which I'll keep a few around. But using them to hang clothing on is a nightmare!
Nan
Nan wrote:

Dick Bong used one for his airplane.
I wonder what Mrs. Bonk named her two hooks. I don't dare ask her because even the most innocent question can set her off.

No wire hangers!
Joan

<choke>
Nan