How can you REALLY clean a bathtub??

What is the best cleaner and method for cleaning a bathtub? I've tried most all of them and it seems like one is no better than next. Now I see that they'e advertising those Mr. Clean erasers as what to use to clean the tub.
Depends on whether you're cleaning soap scum or hard water. Seems that cleaners work for one or ther other but not both.

I absolutely swear by my Mr. Clean Eraser. I did recently use it on my fiberglass shower stall floor and it did clean up the soap scum wonderfully better than any other product I have ever tried (i.e. Dow Cleaning Bubbles, Clorox Cleaner, Tilex etc...). I do live in an area with hard water.
On a side note, I was actually going to repaint some walls in my house, and did not have to after using the Eraser. The walls I have painted are semi-gloss, and it worked excellently. However, the walls the previous owner have painted were not semi-gloss, they were a flat paint, and when I used the Eraser on those walls some paint did come off.
IMO, it is worth giving the Eraser a try.

Paint section ].I've been using it for several years now and I must say it does a good job.Put the plug in the drain hole,add hot water [few gallons] and a cup or 2 of TSP. I use a Spong Beemop and a cloth for the corners. We've got a 3 piece surround tub so i also use the Bee Mop on the walls also.Use it on the sink also.Faucets come out nice and shiny.
I recently used a fine-grit sandpaper to remove the dirt and scum from mine, it looked much whiter, however, if it is still very hard to clean, it may be time to replace or refinish the tub. Refinishing just puts a new surface on the tub...check out our website to find a refinisher near you...www.HardTops.com
Thanks, and Good Luck! Jessica

You can only really clean a bathtub if the bathtub wants to be cleaned.