Grease

greasy fingermarks, five tiny ones and a palmprint, on embossed wallpaper painted with vinyl matt. Washing with soapy water hasn't worked. the paint is fading slightly where I've rubbed with the cloth. any ideas?

Reply to
Sweep

Lee & Cathi Thomas

i've found an ordinary pencil rubber works as well on fingerprints. (mostly). perhaps talcum powder or some other absorbant is required in this case... kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

I love the Mr. Clean Magic eraser! It has worked on stains that bleach hasn't been able to remove! But it is slightly abrasive. When I worked in fast food, (a million years ago) the manuals on cleaning always said to wipe grease with a dry towel first, before applying any solvent. I don't know if that would be true with paint. When there are little ones around, I think all walls need to be at least a satin finish!

Reply to
The Data Rat

an unexpected visitor. I'm still working on the grease

Reply to
Sweep