Glasses smell after dishwasher

I got a nice new Bosch dishwasher and am very happy with the silence and how clean it gets the glasses and plates. My problem is frequently when drinking a glass of water I notice my glass smells. I almost don't know how to describe it, but somewhat eggy or a little wet dog type smell.
I am certain it's the glasses from the dishwasher and not the water from the faucet because I took sames of the same water and left it sit and drank from a clean Pyrex beaker which was hand washed.
What could be causing this smell and how might I get rid of it. Lately (as weird as it sounds) I've started sniffing the plates and I believe they frequently have this smell too, after they get wet.
Willie
could it be the type of dishwasher soap? Does Bosch handbook recommend a brand of soap? Was at a neighbors and I could not drink anything with the ice from her frig....the ice made the drinks taaste like perfume. Now what made that happen??

I thought it was the soap at first. Changed the soap and the smell was still there. Oddly enough it does not seem to happen every time I wash a load, but with the beaker test and other comparison tests at least I have isolated it's the smell is eminating from the glasses cleaned in the dishwasher and not the water itself.
As far as perfumed ice? Is she making the ice from highly flexible rubber/plastic ice cube trays? Could be picking up the smell from there. The other question is what else does she keep in her freezer? Something aromatic could definitely transmit smells.
Willie

A friend of mine uses one of those Britta (sp?) filters on his faucets. A glass of ice water tasted too sweet to me. Turns out he had not replaced the filter in months. Who knows how much garbage was in that glass?
Ewwww!
"William Saens" wrote

=If you are using too much detergent, the rubber hoses will deteriorate and produce an odor. Have you any tiny blacks flecks on your dishwasher tub? (BTW, I know this from experience with my Bosch.) =