Febreze Laundry Solution, R.I.P. ?

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:50:44 -0500, Joel M. Eichen

Aren't we all just environment stuffing heathens that carry guns around?
Nan

Nah, my RPG gets tied up inside the bedsheets ......
Nan wrote:

When I lived in Denton, TX, near UNT, but in a bad side of town, I had clothes stolen off the line a couple of times. The last straw was when my autographed REM t-shirt went missing. After that, I always went to the laundrymat to dry, since my apartment didn't have a hookup for a dryer.
--Jane
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:27:17 GMT, Jane Sitton

Worse!
Around here people are accosted and the clothes are stolen off their body!
Joel

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:27:17 GMT, Jane Sitton

I don't blame you! I haven't had anything go missing from our clothesline, but I doubt anyone really wants hubby's torn up work jeans ;-)
Nan

My neighbour is a painter and decorator. He's had his paint-splattered overalls and jeans nicked more than once. OTOH When a line is full people around here will use a neighbour's line. I came home to find a line full of washing that I subsequently took in and folded when rain threatened. It wasn't claimed for three days and then by someone living a few streets away!

Wow! That would be very out of the ordinary here.
Nan
Nan wrote:

I used to line dry when I was a stay at home mom. Now I work, and hubby is disabled. He has limited range of motion in his arms, neck, and back, so line drying is out. It is all he can do just to get a load to the dryer. My son is too short to hang things to dry, but I guess my daughter could. However, we now have a dog who goes nuts when he hears sheets snapping in the breeze, and rips them off the line in an attempt to kill them, I guess.
--Jane

works
then
washer?
Hi Bill
We use OdorOut and like it better than Fabreze!
Rather than using it in the wash, we keep a tattered washrag in the dryer that is lightly dampened with the Odor Out between each load.
In a few closets, we have 'spent' air freshener modules (the plastic flat cylinder with the 'ink blotter' ring inside) that we rewet the ink blotter with OdorOut about once a month.
TTUL Gary

...snip...
And so I do it for the second, and final, time... Thank you to the many respondants to my questions, both those who answered and those who commented. The issue appears to have been resolved to my wife's and my satisfaction by the PR department of Procter & Gamble. They replied to her email to indicate that the product was still available at certain merchants including Albertson's where we shop and that they had not discontinued it. We'll have to order it special, but other than that everything's fine. All that notwithstanding, there were some questions raised in the reply posts that I would like to address before I wander off.
1. SoCalMike: "i always thought it was a stupid idea.". In all fairness, so did I until my wife proved to me that it didn't just mask the smell of cat urine, it eliminated it and all without destroying or changing the color of the fabric. Give it a shot some time when you're trying to get out smoke or pet or other smells.
2. Gary Heston: The spray products with the Febreze name all serve different purposes and may be used for spots, but not for total garment treatment... unless you want to spray every square inch of course, but nonetheless they are different. We do use Nature's Miracle for other stuff. Thanks for bringing that point up as there may be other people who have not heard of it and may benefit.
3. Bill Seurer: "Normal laundry detergent" with a "normal washer" is good for normal dirt in normal clothes. Anything out of the ordinary requires non-ordinary measures.
4. Viviane Question 1: "What's wrong with the detergent you use?" - Nothing. It is the most popular commercial laundry detergent sold in North America and very effective on a wide range of soils. 4. Viviane Question 2: "Is the machine not effective." - It is indeed and it is less than two years old and used twice a week on average. 4. Viviane Question 3: "I also find that drying the clothes in fresh air and with sunlight helps, but that is probably something most yanks would have difficulty understanding since you tend to overuse your clothes driers." - Ah, yes. I think I see the problem here... You're assuming that we in the northern colonies still wash our clothes by beating them against rocks down by the river. No... not any more. We have something new here now called "electricity", and indoor plumbing. Together they allow us to do our laundry indoors without fear of being attacked by Indians, mountain lions or wolves.
5. Serendipity: Thank you. Thank you again. FWIW: I'm a Canadian, but my wife is a citizen of the U.S. I think we have enough problems here at the moment without being insulted to boot.
6. Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr: Thank you Gary. I've never heard of OdorOut, but I am looking it up as we speak... er... type. Thanks again.
Eddie
I put a small amount of liquid fabric softener in my my wash right along with laundry soap. The clothes still have a fresh smell like the softener, but not as heavy. My teenaged son works at a fast food place and we have found this to be the ONLY way to remove those gross greasy odors that hang on. So, maybe whoever told you 1/4 downey to 3/4 cup of water was correct. \\