Disinfecting colored clothes

Pets are sensitive to cleaning products and often don't like all the perfume that is added. I find that using a steam mop on hard surfaces is a very good solution. It doesn't use any chemicals or perfumes and the heat can disinfect the floor if used according to the directions.
wow... thanks Jamie! My friend has a very expensive cat, and she uses tea tree oil on EVERYTHING.... where did you learn this? I've never seen that before.
jamie wrote:

Online veterinary journals, and other articles written by veterinarians. The terpinols in the tea tree oil are similar to phenol (main ingredient in Lysol spray) and thymol (oil of thyme) and can cause liver, kidney and brain damage to cats.
And as it's often sold as a "natural" and therefore assumed to be safer cleaner, it should be noted that Tea Tree Oil cleaners are no less toxic to infants than common household Pine Sol cleaner, should they get in a cabinet and get the bottle open. But they certainly cost a lot more.

--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
Hi all...may I ask what is the "pink solution" you are talking about? sounds pretty good! Thanks Ruby

See my earlier post for a link. It sounds very expensive to me at $32/quart. That works out to $128 a gallon and for that price it would have to do A LOT MORE than clean before I would buy it.
http://www.pinksolution.ca /
That is the main site. The man is very very friendly, ma and pa type factory, and will make deals.
I do not know WHY the other commenter persists that it is expensive to use, as I'm a low income earner, bottom of the food chain, and I use it all the time to SAVE money. Geesh. Each gallon costs me pennies.
Also, I spent $35 on a big bucket of the stuff, used it for two months in all the homes I clean, and still have about one third of a bucket left... That includes about ten carpet cleaning gigs as well.
It only takes about one tablespoon per gallon to mix up the most commonly used solutions. A baby could drink the whole thing and not get sick. Its a kelp enzyme, that is activated by water. Its GREAT for carpets... i use a heavier solution for the carpet steamer... cuz babies crawl and suck things on the carpet, and the residue from the cleaner keeps eating deep down at the dirt between washings. It gets cleaner and cleaner each time you use it.