discolored toilet bowl

Hi,
I recently moved into a house and the toilet bowl is completely discolored. It's not anything foul, it's just some kind of brownish mineral deposit that will not come off. We are in a hard water area, which I guess is part or all of the problem.
Does anyone know how I can get rid of this?

either rub with a pumice stone or empty the pan and use a toilet cleaner that includes a limescale remover on the stains.