Deathly Allergic & Desperately Need HELP in REMOVEING DOG DANDER From CLOTHING

I DESPERATELY NEED ADVICE on how to... REMOVE DOG DANDER FROM MY CLOTHING & BEDROOM...I'M DEATHLY ALLERGIC TO DOGS.

I didn't realize how deathly allergic to dogs I was until a dog-owning friend came over to explain a computer problem to me. It was a mistake having him over. I was so sick just being near him that my mind was completely on how to get him out of my apartment as politely and as fast as possible than it was on the computer thing.

Before I could stop him, he had sat down on my carpet. After he left, that area of the carpet seemed like poison. I couldn't even get near it or go into my bedroom. I opened the window & turned the ceiling fan on thinking that I could air out the room. BIG MISTAKE !!! Afterwards I wasn't even able to enter the room without my throat and lungs closing up on me rendering completely unable to breath. All of my clothing was hanging on racks all along the bedroom wall. I'm unable to wear or get near any of it.

Since then I've had the carpet professionally cleaned with a hot water extraction treatment & enzymes, and I still can't enter my bedroom without my having an asthma attack to the point where I can't breathe and my lungs and airways completely constrict. All of my clothing is bagged up in large black garbage bags & is sitting in a pile on the corner of the dining room. HOW DO I GET THIS DOG DANDER OUT OF MY CLOTHING & OUT OF MY BEDROOM.

I live on SSI income & am in Section 8 housing. I don't have the option of being able to rip up the carpet or just move anytime I want too. I don't even have the resources or ability to just move.

Desperately Need Help, Kasey snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Reply to
DarkPrizm

Wash your clothes along with a galllon of tea, made from ordinary tea bags (doesn't need to be especially strong.) May need to wash them more than once; or you could let them soak in it for a half hour (may need to wash/soak them again in Biz, which has enzymes for stain removal, if they become discolored. Oxyclean may also work.). Figure out some way to have your carpet and walls/furniture treated similarly. Magazine called Science News (which is like Reader's Digest of the different science journals) had an article some years back on how spraying couches etc with a weak tea solution cut down on cat-dander allergic reactions. The tannic acid (I seem to remember) reacts with the cat-dander, neutralizing most of the reactive compounds in it. Hope this helps. If you want the actual article, email me at hotmail and I will try to get it for you.

Dave snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Dave

TROLL