Dear Readers.......

Page 2 of 3

Michael A. Ball wrote:

Please don't be embarrassed. Many snickered at first.

Very valuable.

If it weren't for spam and people who post a question and go away, nothing would happen.

Mr. Bentos' sense of his own importance is not arrogance because it's not exaggerated.

How can we be sure its' Mr. Bentos and not an arrogant impostor?

I'm certainly Not embarrassed. You must be joking; I was merely annoyed--and I'm over that now. Ha, I wonder why you thought I'd be embarrassed.

We'll see.

Well, isn't that just about what is supposed to happen here. I see a few people here who remain because they enjoy making recommendations--and learning. I see that as perfection in a news group like this one.
I wish we drew more questions, but not everyone even knows newsgroups exist. I suppose we should prepare for the mighty influx of posts already headed this way. :-)

Yes, I know: "Its not bragging, if you can back it up." I'll wait and see. However, I can't imagine how such a closed-minded person can be on the cutting edge. Cleaning, more than ever, is a science.

You know, that is the very first thing that crossed my mind. Comments I heard about him a few years back, never ever mentioned arrogance or anything negative: merely odd--and different. Heck, I'm like that.
That is a fine call. A talented imposter may be at the root of this.
________________________ If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

DUH.
peggo

As if anyone would dare to impersonate me, I have no time for those who try to amuse us with their awful impressions. I am a natutral mimic and do an excellent Groucho Marx and Elton John. Who is best? Marx or John, my busy social life demands my services in humorland. It's hardly surprising, I'm the funniest man you're ever likely to meet. Sometimes I lie awake at night fretting that there will be some people I'll never meet in my lifetime, and due to this, they will experience an inadequate and frankly sad lifestyle.
Mr F. Bentos
"Michael A. Ball" > I wish we drew more questions, but not everyone even knows newsgroups

If there are no new questions, this newsgroup will surely wither and die. I will be asking daily, as I like to express my empathy over what might seem the most trivial of tasks. Good day.
Mr F. Bentos

But that's just it: there are always new questions, or repeated questions. They just don't arrive every day. There are often periods of a few days, with no new questions--but the news group hasn't withered or died.
________________________ Whatever it takes.
Michael A. Ball wrote:

:) I was kidding, but his devoted followers were people who had snickered at first.

You're like that. You have experience and add to it with internet research. That's why I like your posts. Others are more like me: always the same old stuff.

There sure was an influx with Mr. Bentos! In an hour a thread would add forty posts.

I'd say Mr. Bentos was more into the art of composition than the science of cleaning.

The style didn't seem as colorful as Mr. Bentos. The closing didn't look right. I never thought I'd see him use " its' ".

Thank you. I see. I'm not very good at spotting Internet humor; and not very good at real life humor either, sometimes. :-(
Well, whoever the OP is, he/she certainly is dandy for waking everyone up. LOL
________________________ Whatever it takes.

I think its' him.
peggo

EZ Peaces said,

I replied,

You replied,

So which is it? Is he a, "DUH", imposter? Or is it "him", as you now think?
[Spit], I don't even want an answer. I just found it amusing that you gave me "DUH", for being slow to suspect an imposter; but now, you "think its' him."
Isn't Usenet great! LOL
_______________________________ Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers. - Voltaire

(GOB) its' was a joke. DUH.
peggo
[snip]

Don't be daft. Of course its' not him. Typo-laden missives were NEVER his style. Even BBQ Boob produced better drafts.
The Ranger
The Ranger wrote:

The person that plays the part of Mr Bentos on usenet has also played many, many other parts. Personally I hope he brings back one of my favourites - " Everything Must Go" I guess he will take a while to get back into the swing of playing Mr Bentos.
Note to Mr Bentos:- Dump the American spellchecker - you're supposed to be an English gent
"ermaBB" >> Don't be daft. Of course its' not him. Typo-laden missives were

I remember Everything Must Go well, I raised over 2000 for the local orphanage, thanks entirely to my graciousness and organisational skills. As for Bentos being a character, I suspect the metamphetamine drug is employed by many of the regulars here, causing deluded thinking and scrambled egg brains. Damn and monkeys, I hope I'll get the chance to wring your necks after another day selling your illegal wares outside the school gates. It's a disgrace.
Mr F. Bentos

Dear E Z Peaces, I have always been a good communicator, so make no mistake when I assure you that it was a good day when I decided to look in on my newsgroup, and yes, you're coping well. There's far too much general chitty-chat and I think reasonable to suggest that anyone found to be idly wasting time, will receive the hard end of my stick, directly aimed at your clenched buttocks.
Mr F. Bentos
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

Good plan! If you aim at me you'll really catch Mrs. Bonk by surprise. It will do her a lot of good. I don't know how many people have killfiled her for idly wasting time.
I wondered why you would tip her off, but now I see she'll be preoccupied with the obscene inference she will take from your wording.

What a ridiculous message. Do not ever write to me again.
Mr F. Bentos
Mr F. Bentos wrote:

Congratulations, Michael, you've smoked him out! He could run but he couldn't hide.

Yeah, yeah. BTDT. Nice attempt.
The Ranger

Please resist answering with a few words only. I do realise that the standard of education is low in your area, but this message seems lazy to me and I trust you will check Google for the word Respect. Ranger or not, where is Tonto when you need him?
Mr F. Bentos