Cleaning Astracast Composite Sink

Although composite sink material is completely scratch resistant it can be a bitch to clean. Surface stains can be removed by soaking with biological washing powder in boiling water, but over a period a hard layer of staining can appear on the drainer. Ive found these impossible to remove with any chemicals, even caustic soda, although they can be removed by scraping with a chisel without causing any scratching. This is quite laborious so there may be some power tool which would save the elbow grease.
Civet wrote:

I find Flash kitchen spray with bleach to work wonders on these sinks. The grey staining has gone after one use. maybe the hard stuff hasn't gone but just turned white, however it can't be seen. I am most impressed.