Re: VoIP

No phones when power goes out and 911 could have trouble finding you.
Other than that, it's a pretty good deal. I got rid of my house phone and use only my cell. We were basically just throwing away money.
--
Edgar

On top of what I said previously, I remember you have satellite broadband which is limited on speeds correct? VoIP uses a lot of bandwith so it could slow everything down, or it could mean the sound quality is sub-par. I suggest you load skype on your and your sons (or anyone else you know with a computer that is far from you) computers and chat with each other to try it out (it's totally free when going skype to skype, but costs money to go to a regular land line).
--
Edgar