Re: 2 q's

Umm that's 3 questions...

It's a penicillium mould called a bloom, which has either been added to the milk or sprayed onto the moulded cheese. It is used to keep the cheese fresh

No. The bloom is quite safe to eat and adds to the flavour of the cheese. Gives it a nice bitterness and makes the wine you are sipping absorb to your taste buds better

In a previous post Don wrote...

The white stuff is cheese mold and it is edible. For a really tasty treat try this:
Get some lox or hard smoked salmon Cut a baguette into slices and lightly toast it Pop the brie in the microwave until it softens Spread some slightly melted brie on the baguette slices and top with the salmon. Follow with a swallow of nice white wine.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

I love both, but don't really know sake from sake. Usually just order whatever the house has (warm of course).
--
Edgar

No, and gawd no ;)
Kris Krieger wrote:

depends on the sake and depends on the precise kind of sashimi. Why, gonna make me some?